Thursday, April 5, 2007

TAXES! That dreaded word

If you live in the United States, you already know the tax filing deadline is drawing near (actually, this year you have a couple of extra days - til April 17). This is for Personal tax returns and UNincorporated
Businesses or Partnerships.

If your business IS Incorporated the filing date was March 15th.

If you do not have a good Bookkeeping System, you may be putting off filing your taxes because your records are a mess. It is possible to request an Extension to file your tax reports. (The Form #4868 is found on: - it's a short easy to fill out form.)

The tax PAYMENT has to be made, however, or at least a reasonable estimated amount.

But how do you know how much to pay if you don't have your records in order? I know, it's a vicious cycle.

By setting up a good Bookkeeping System you can be better prepared next year. Check out:

All the Best,

No comments: